Contact Us

















                                                     APPLY VISA FOR UNITED STATES


« Breckenridge Colorado USA Vacation Rentals

Destin Florida USA Vacation Rentals »

United States visa Everything You Need To Know

Why is it so difficult getting the United States visa? This is one question most people ask when they apply for a visa in the United States. However, the answer is obvious. A world super power, economically stable, huge returns and job offers, are the major factors that lure people to this beautiful country called United States. But, if you are applying for a visa, you need to thoroughly understand even the smallest factors related to it so that you successfully get your visa to the Golden country, United States.

USA Flag

Non-immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas include the Visitor visa, tourist visa, student visa, temporary worker visa or the U.S. Exchange visa. People from other countries often apply for this visa to either visit the country for business or for touring its major attractions. Students apply for the student visa with the aim of studying in the best universities of the country. However, the decision about which applicant gets the visa or who gets denied is mandated and depends entirely on your documents, the United States Immigration laws and the immigration officer working in the U.S. Consulate who issues your visa.

With more people applying for the non-immigrant visas, it is getting more and more difficult every single day to acquire a United States visa. However, if you are applying for a visa, make sure your required documents are in proper order.

What documents you will need for a non-immigrant visa?

o                        An appointment letter received from NVC.

o                        Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months or beyond

o                        Birth certificate

o                        Police verification certificate

o                        Marriage certificate (if applicable)

o                        Court and prison records

o                        Color photographs

o                        Military records (if applicable)

o                        Evidence of financial support (notarized employment offer or evidence of available assets)

o                        Employment letter or letter from university (for students)

Statue of Liberty

Immigrant Visas

Also known as Green Card visas, immigrant visa is provided to people who wish to live and work in the United States. The process of acquiring an immigration visa to the USA is extremely difficult and complicated. Moreover, it is also time-consuming and expensive. But, what makes it extremely difficult is the bureaucratic decision of the clerks that causes most of the cases being rejected or simply returned due to errors in the application. These complexities lead most applicants to fetching the help of lawyers for an assured immigration. However, if you wish to get your immigration visa approved easily, you need to follow the process carefully yourself and also ensure that your attorney doesn’t leave any loopholes for a rejection.

The immigration United States visa is categorized into 3 basic types:

  1. Immediate Relative or a Family sponsored visa (includes: Family immigration; Marriage to a foreign national; adopting a child)
  2. Employment based immigration visa
  3. Special immigrant visas for religious workers, Afghans and Iraqis (for or on behalf of the U.S. Government)

Thus, if you are interested in applying for United States visa, make sure you apply your documents only after thorough verification.



Similar Posts:

Moncler Negro Mujer says:

September 21, 2014 at 10:21 am

Weiler agreed, saying “Hubble will accomplish many of its major goals.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.





You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Popular Search Terms










                                                                     APPLY VISA FOR NEWZEALAND


Temporary and permanent stay in NZ

Work Visa

If you wish to take up employment in New Zealand you need to apply for a work visa. Employment means any activity undertaken for gain or reward.

There are three work visa categories:

  • Skilled stream
  • Family stream
  • Humanitarian stream

Work visa applicants under the Skilled/General work policy must provide an offer of employment and meet registration requirements if applicable.

Applicants must also prove that no New Zealand resident or citizen is available to do the work offered to him or her (Labour market Shortages Test).


If an application is based on an offer of employment in an occupation that is included on the current Immediate Skill Shortage List or theLong Term Skill Shortage List, visa officers will accept that no suitably qualified New Zealand citizen or resident is available.


Some employers have an Approval in Principle to employ non-New Zealand citizens or resident workers.


In all other cases, in addition to submitting an offer of employment, applicants must also submit evidence establishing that their prospective employer has made genuine attempts to attract and recruit suitable workers in New Zealand, but that there are no New Zealand citizens or residents suitably qualified by training and experience available, or readily able to be trained to do the work offered.


As well as meeting the above requirements, applicants must also meet health and character requirements and be bona fide applicants.


Under Family work policy partners of New Zealand citizens or residents may be issued with a work visa if they are in a genuine and stable relationship, the New Zealand partner intends to be in New Zealand for the same period of time and supports the application.


Special work visas are available for partners of holders of work visas and visas issued under Long Term Business Visa Policy and Work to Residence (Skilled Migrant Category) Policy.


To find out whether you might be eligible for a work visa under the General Work policy you can CONTACT US for an assessment

Visitor Visa

If you wish to stay in New Zealand for a certain time, but are not planning to migrate permanently, you will need to apply for a visa. The type of visa you need to obtain depends on your plans for your stay in New Zealand: Visitor, Work, Study and Working Holiday are the most common categories for temporary visas.

In general, visitors to New Zealand who do not intend to work may apply for visitor visas of up to 9 months (in any 18-month period) and might be allowed to stay for a total of 12 months. Citizens of some countries do not need to apply for a visitor visa to enter New Zealand, if they are visiting for three months or less. However, they are still required to provide

  • travel tickets as evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
  • Evidence of funds for their maintenance while in New Zealand.

Some of the Visa-free countries are Canada, Greece. Iceland, Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, USA, Oman, Qatar, Vatican City, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and Mexico.


British citizens and other British passport holders who produce evidence of the right to reside permanently in the UK can visit for up to six months without a visa.


Australian citizens and holders of a current resident return visa issued by the Commonwealth of Australia do not need a visa.


To find out more about visitor visa, please CONTACT US.

Student Visa

The purpose of New Zealand's student policy is to facilitate the entry of genuine students.

Applicants must have an offer of a place in an approved course with an education provider in New Zealand that meets instructions requirements, be exempted from or have paid course fees and meet requirements for bona fide applicants and health and character.


For information about approved courses with a New Zealand education provider, please CONTACT US.


Residence in New Zealand


If you wish to migrate to New Zealand, you need to apply to Immigration New Zealand for resident status. Resident status in New Zealand entitles you to live, study and work indefinitely in New Zealand.


Residence Visa


A Residence Visa is normally valid for one year and is for a single entry. You must use this visa before its expiry in order to activate your resident status. This visa allows you to travel to New Zealand and be granted a Residence Visa on arrival.


Permanent Residence Visa


A Residence Visa allows you to reside in New Zealand for an indefinite period. However, this permit will expire once you leave New Zealand.


If you wish to leave New Zealand temporarily after taking up residence, you must have a valid Returning Residence Visa in your passport to ensure your re-entry into New Zealand. You will be issued your first Returning Resident's Visa when residence is approved.


Categories of residence visa


there are four main categories for residence applications in New Zealand:

  • Skilled Migrant Category
  • Business
  • Family
  • Refugee Family Quota

Business Categories

the objective of the business immigration policy is to attract migrants who will contribute to economic growth through:

  • increasing New Zealand's level of human capital; and
  • encouraging enterprise and innovation; and
  • Fostering external links.

There are currently four business categories available:


Investor Category


The Investor Category has two pathways – Investor Plus and Investor which is a points based system. This means you score points based on a number of factors such as age, business experience and investment funds. Your application will only be successful if you score sufficient points to meet the pass mark.


Entrepreneur Category


You may apply under the Entrepreneur Category if you have successfully established a business in New Zealand for a period of at least two years.


Long Term Business Visa/Permit


You may apply for a Long Term Business Visa/Permit if you are interested in applying for residence under the Entrepreneur Category. You may also apply under this category if you are interested in establishing a business in New Zealand but do not wish to live permanently in New Zealand. This is not a residence policy. You will be granted a work visa or permit for up to three years if your application is successful.


Employees of Relocating Businesses


you may apply under the Employees of Relocating Businesses category if you are a key employee of a business relocating to New Zealand. This category is set up to assist the promotion of New Zealand as a place in which to invest and locate business, by facilitating the granting of residence to employees of businesses relocating to New Zealand.


Family Category


The objective of Family Category Policy is to strengthen families and communities, while reinforcing the Government's overall objectives in immigration policy.


The Family Category is available to you if you:

  • Are in a genuine and stable relationship (either legally married or in an interdependent partnership akin to a marriage, whether heterosexual or same sex) with a New Zealand citizen or resident who sponsors their application; or
  • Have immediate family members who are New Zealand citizens or residents and who live permanently in New Zealand, or
  • Are the dependent children of New Zealand citizens or residents.

Skilled Migrant Category


The Skilled Migrant Category is designed to match the skills that migrants bring, with the skills New Zealand needs. Specifically New Zealand is looking to build its capacity. New Zealand is looking for people with skills that will help the Country achieve sustainable growth and feed innovation in New Zealand. New Zealand is looking for people who will build global connections and at the same time enrich the communities in which they live.


How the Skilled Migrant Category works


Applying for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category involves you submitting an Expression of Interest in applying for residence. In this Expression of Interest you determine the points you may claim as skilled migrant. To be considered under this category you need to be of good health, good character, have a reasonable standard of English and be under 56 years of age. You will also need to meet the threshold of 100 points to register an Expression of Interest.


The points system


the points system is designed to allow Expressions of Interest to be ranked so that New Zealand can extend invitations to apply for residence to people who have the most to offer New Zealand. Points are available for skilled employment in New Zealand, work experience, qualifications and age. Bonus points are available for employment in areas of identified future growth or absolute skills shortage or within identified clusters. Bonus points are also available for employment outside Auckland and for New Zealand qualifications gained in New Zealand over at least two years.


Expressions of Interest that meet the prerequisites and the minimum points score go into the Expression of Interest Pool, where they are ranked from highest to lowest according to their point scores. The government then makes regular selections of the highest ranked Expressions of Interest from the Pool.


Minimum requirements for a resident application under the Skilled Migrant Category are:

  • Good health
  • Good character
  • Good English language capabilities
  • Age limit of 55 years
  • Point score of at least 100 under the points system and meet the selection criteria during the currency of the Expression of Interest

The application process under the Skilled Migrant Category consists of two main stages:

  • Expression of Interest
  • Residence Application

In some cases a third stage, an assessment of the applicant`s qualifications, will be necessary.


For a quick self-assessment of your chances go to CONTACT US.


Points can be claimed for employability and capacity building factors:









Current skilled employment in NZ for 12 months or more


Offer of skilled employment in New Zealand or current skilled employment in New Zealand for less than 12 months





2 years


4 years


6 years


8 years


10 years



you can qualify for points for qualification such as trade certificates, diplomas, bachelor degrees and postgraduate qualifications. Your qualifications must align with those Immigration New Zealand have accepted in the List of Recognized Qualifications.

If your qualification does not appear on this list Immigration New Zealand may require New Zealand Qualifications Authority to assess your qualification. The points you earn for a recognized qualification will depend on what level Immigration New Zealand assess your qualification to be on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.

See definition of recognised basic qualification at NZIS website
See definition of recognised post-graduate qualification at NZIS website

Recognised basic qualification (e.g. trade qualification, diploma, bachelors degree, bachelors degree with Honours)


Recognised post-graduate qualification (Masters degree, Doctorate)


AGE (20 TO 55 YEARS)














You can also qualify for bonus points for employment in specific industry areas, employment outside Auckland and qualifications gained in New Zealand.
You will have a better chance of qualifying for residence if you have skills that New Zealand employers are finding hard to source within New Zealand. Bonus points are available for employment, work experience and qualifications in identified areas of growth or absolute skill shortage or within identified clusters. Bonus points are also available for employment outside Auckland and for qualifications gained in New Zealand over at least two years.

See definition of future growth areas at NZIS website
See definition of clusters at NZIS website
See definition of absolute skills shortage at NZIS website
See definition of outside of Auckland at NZIS website
See definition of recognised NZ qualification at NZIS website

Factors for which you may gain bonus Points:-



Skilled employment;
Bonus points for employment or offer of employment in:

  • An identified future growth area, identified cluster, area of absolute skills shortage


  • Region outside Auckland


  • Partner employment or offer of employment


Work experience;
Bonus points if work experience in New Zealand

  • 2 years


  • 4 years


  • 6 years


Additional bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area, identified cluster or area of absolute skills shortage:

  • 2 to 5 years


  • 6 years or more


Bonus points for:

  • Recognised New Zealand qualification (and at least two years study in NZ)


  • Qualification in an identified future growth area, cluster or area of absolute skill shortage



A partner's recognised qualification only qualifies for points under this provision if:

  • the partner is included in the application; and
  • the partner meets the English language requirements for principal applicants
  • and the principal applicant and their partner have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable




Partner Qualifications




If you score 100 points or more and meet health, character, language and age requirements, you might be eligible for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category.


Please note that there are immigration instructions that you must meet in order for your qualification, employment and work experience to be recognized for points under the skilled migrant category. We at Ace Consultants Ltd can help you with assessing your situation and lodging your application is accepted and maybe approved for residence.


We are more than happy to assess your chances and give you a realistic idea of what might be involved for you and your family to obtain your resident visas. Ask us to apply your vissa which you have satisfied








                                                                      APPLY VISSA FOR AUSTRALIA


Different Visas

Australia Immigration and Australia Visa Consultants > Immigration & Visas > Different Visas

Australian visa and Australian immigration options

Information on Visas for Australia

Australia Immigration - There are several Australian Immigration and Australian Visa options for potential Australian migrants. Read About the main  Australian Visa and Australian immigration options.

Potential migrants to Australia are selected based on skills, health, financial resources, age, English language ability and family and business contacts in Australia. Race, gender and culture are not considered at all.

Migrants today fall into two main categories for a place in the Migration Program: half the +-80,000 places each year go to skilled migrants as Australia seeks those migrants who have skills and qualifications to improve the Australian society and economy.

If you are looking to emigrate to another country than Australia, then you can look at this visa emigration website.


Visa classes

  • Permanent entry visa
  • Work visa
  • Temporary entry visas
  • Visitor visa
  • Business visas


Australia accepts people from overseas for permanent settlement in our country under two main migration streams:

  • The Migration Program
  • The Humanitarian Program

The Migration Program caters for all potential applicants wishing to migrate to Australia.

The Migration Program

Potential migrants to Australia are selected based on skills, health, financial resources, age, English language ability and family and business contacts in Australia. Race, gender and culture are not considered at all.

Migrants today fall into two main categories for a place in the Migration Program: half the 70,000 places each year go to skilled migrants as Australia seeks those migrants who have skills and qualifications to improve the Australian society and economy. These categories are:

The other half of the Migration Program places go to family reunion and resettlement of former residents and citizens, and for the families of New Zealanders. These categories are:

Skilled Migrants

There are five categories of migrants in the Skilled Scheme.

1. Independent Skilled Migrants.

  • For qualified persons in an approved occupation in Australia
  • Must be under 45 to apply

2. Skilled Migrant - Australian Linked.

3. Distinguished Talent.

  • This is a small category for especially talented people, particularly in the arts or in sports.

4. Employer Nominated Migrant

  • Employers may nominate skilled people from overseas to fill an Australian job vacancy when no one local has suitable skills for the job.
  • Age, qualifications and English abilities are assessed.

5. Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

  • If your Australian employer, who wants to nominate you, is in a remote area outside metropolitan districts, he or she can sponsor you through this scheme.

Business Migrants

  • Business Migrants come under the Skilled Migrants Stream, but there are so many special provisions for them that Australian Visas puts them in separate categories.
  • Business Skills Migration
  • This information is about migrating to Australia as a business person.

Please note: on 1 March 2003, there were major changes to business skills entry whereby business migrants:

  • will be granted a Business Skills (Provisional) visa, valid for four years;
    and, after establishing the requisite level of business activity or maintaining their investment,
  • they will be eligible to make an application for permanent residence.

The Business Skills visa class of Australia's migration program encourages successful business people to settle permanently in Australia and develop new or existing businesses.

Business owners, senior executives and investors can apply for a visa under the Business Skills category

Under the two-stage arrangements introduced on 1 March 2003, business migrants are granted a Business Skills (Provisional) visa for four years and, after establishing the requisite level of business or maintaining their eligible investment, are eligible to make an application for a Business Skills (Residence) visa.

A direct permanent residence category will still be available for high-calibre business migrants sponsored by State/Territory governments. This is known as the Business Talent visa.

The Business Skills program is divided into four categories:

  • business owner: for owners or part-owners of a business;
  • senior executive: for senior executive employees of major businesses;
  • investment: for investors/business people willing to invest in Australia;
  • business talent: for high-calibre business people who have sponsorship from a State/Territory government.

In addition, the Business Skills program also has two categories for persons who are in Australia on temporary visas, other than the Business Skills (Provisional) visas:

  • established business in Australia (EBA): for people temporarily in Australia who are owners or part owners of a business; and
  • regional established business in Australia (REBA): for people temporarily in Australia who are owners or part owners of a business in a designated area of Australia.

Factors affecting Business Skills migrationThe Australian Government implemented a two-stage visa arrangement for business people on 1 March 2003.

  • Most people interested in coming to Australia under the Business Skills category will need to apply for a Business Skills (Provisional) visa.
  • After successfully establishing the requisite level of business activity or maintaining a designated investment in Australia, holders of a Business Skills (Provisional) visa will be eligible to lodge an application for permanent residence in Australia.
  • State/Territory government sponsorship will be available at both the provisional and permanent residence stages, with significantly lower requirements when sponsored.
  • A direct permanent residence category will still be available for high calibre business migrants sponsored by state/territory governments. This will be known as the Business Talent (Migrant) visa.
  • Through the State/Territory sponsorship arrangements, the new system will provide for improved linkages with State and Territory government business services to provide the help that many business migrants need to get into business.

Family Migrants

  • 32,000 migrants will be accepted in the Family Stream section.
  • Family migrants must have a responsible relative in Australian who will sponsor them. Family members not able to support themselves (aged relatives or dependent children) apply under this class. Independent working age family members should apply under the skilled Migrant - Australian linked class.
  • As a Family migrant you will not be tested on your skill level or your English Language ability, but you will be assessed against Australia's health and character requirements, as are all migrants.

You may apply as a Family Migrant in one of the following categories:

1. Partner


  • Dependent Child - your child who is financially dependent on you. This can apply to children over 18 if they are still fully dependent on their Australian sponsor.
  • Adoption
  • Orphan Relative  


  • Parent applications are given a low priority in 2000. Only 500 places are available.
  • Working Age Parent - not old enough to qualify for a pension at 65 for men and 62 for women in 2000.

Other Family

  • Aged Dependent Relative - single aged relatives
  • Remaining Relative - last remaining family relative
  • Carer - person traveling to Australia to care for a special need relative.
  • The following categories of migrant can apply under this section.
  • Former citizens or residents of Australia

Family of New Zealand citizens - for dependents of New Zealand citizens who have settled or intend to settle permanently in Australia.

Work visa  

Work Visas are only available in certain circumstances. The options are: 

Working holiday maker visa - The main intention of your trip should be recreation, but you will be allowed to do part-time and temporary work to supplement your income. This is available to citizens of the following countries: Canada, Japan, Ireland, Korea, Malta, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 26. Note: This visa is not available to South African citizens. 

Temporary residence visa with work rights - this visa is for applicants wishing to work in Australia for up to 4 years. Employer sponsorship is the main requirement. Your employer must arrange this from Australia. Only when the sponsorship is approved can you apply for a temporary residence visa. 

 Temporary entry visas

Temporary Residence Categories Australia's temporary residence program is designed to allow overseas people to come to Australia for specific purposes that result in some benefit to Australia. The focus is on the areas of skilled employment, social/cultural and international relations.

Visa subclass


Main conditions relating to work and sponsorship

411 Exchange

Temporary stay of skilled people (other than executives, managers or specialists) wanting to come to Australia to broaden their work experience and skills under reciprocal arrangements which allow Australian residents similar opportunities overseas. Includes people seeking entry under certain bilateral exchange agreements.

A letter of invitation is required from the Organisation offering the position. You may not change employer or occupation without prior permission.*

415 Foreign Government Agency

Temporary stay of foreign government officials to conduct official business on behalf of their government where the officials diplomatic or official status in Australia.

For stays of up to 3 months, or cases involving directors of the British Council, Alliance Francaise, Goethe Institute or Italian Cultural Institute, a statement of support is required from the Foreign Ministry. In all other cases, a sponsorship is required unless entering under the provisions of a bilateral agreement. You may not change employer or occupation without prior permission.*

416 Special Program

Temporary stay of people under approved programs to broaden their work experience and skills; generally youth exchanges.

A letter of support is required from the supporting Organisation. You may not change employer or occupation without prior permission.*

417 Working Holiday

Temporary stay of young people wanting to gain experience of other countries by holidaying in Australia with the opportunity to work to supplement their funds

The WHM visa gives you 12 months to travel to Australia from the date the visa is granted. You are allowed to stay in Australia for 12 months from the date you first enter Australia. You may work full-time, part-time or casually for 3 months at a time with any one employer. You are not permitted to extend your employment beyond 3 months with any employer through use of business subsidiaries and/or subcontractors or employment agencies.

418 Educational

Temporary stay of staff for educational and research institutions or organisations to fill academic, teaching and research positions unable to be filled from within the Australian labour market.

A letter of appointment is required for stays of up to 3 months. Sponsorship is required for stays of more than 3 months. You may not change employer or occupation without prior permission.*

419 Visiting Academic

Temporary stay of people whose presence in Australia will contribute to the sharing of research knowledge.

A letter of invitation is required from the institution involved. You may not receive a salary from the host institution in Australia.

420 Entertainment

Temporary stay of people involved in a wide range of social and cultural events and activities; (including models and mannequins) taking into account the need to protect the employment of Australians in the industry.

Sponsorship is required regardless of the period of stay unless you are coming in under a bilateral agreement. You may not change employer or change times or places of engagements in Australia without prior permission.*

421 Sport

Temporary stay of amateur or professional sports people to engage in competition with Australian residents and to improve general sporting standards in Australia through high caliber competition and training.

Sponsorship and/or a letter of invitation may be required depending on the activity and the length of stay in Australia. You may not change employer without competition or training program prior permission.*

422 Medical Practitioner

Temporary stay of suitably qualified medical practitioners where there is a demonstrated need to employ practitioners from overseas.

Sponsorship is required regardless of the period of stay. You may not change employer without prior permission.*

423 Media & Film Staff

Temporary stay of correspondents and other professional media staff members posted to Australia by overseas news organisations, and photographers and film & television crews making documentaries or commercials for exclusive overseas consumption.

A letter of support is required for stays of up to 3 months, or if the Organisation is not represented in Australia, or if entering under a bilateral agreement. Sponsorship is required in all other cases for stays of more than 3 months. You may not change employer without prior permission.*

424 Public Lecturer

Temporary stay of professional lecturers or subject experts invited to make public presentations.

A letter of invitation is required for stays of up to 3 months or if entering under a bi-lateral agreement. Sponsorship is required in all other cases for stays of more than 3 months. You may not change employer without prior permission.*

426 Domestic Worker (Diplomatic/Consular)

Temporary stay of domestic staff for diplomats and consular staff posted to Australia on advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).

A letter of support is required from DFAT. You may not change employer or remain in after the permanent departure of your employer.

427 Domestic Worker (Overseas Executive)

Temporary stay for domestic staff of certain holders of visas in class 457 long-stay temporary business entry. A visa in this class may only be granted where it can be shown that the entry of domestic staff is necessary for the proper discharge of representational duties.

Sponsorship is required if the employer is sponsored. If the employer is not sponsored, an acceptable employment contract must be supplied. You may not change employer or remain in Australia after the permanent departure of your employer

428 Religious Worker

Temporary stay of religious workers, including ministers, priests and spiritual leaders to serve the spiritual needs of people of their faith in Australia.

Sponsorship and a written undertaking is required regardless of the period of stay. You may not change employer or occupation without prior permission.*

442 Occupational Trainee

Temporary stay of persons undergoing training in Australia compatible with their employment history

A nomination must be provided regardless of the period of stay unless the training is being provided by the Commonwealth. You may not work in Australia other than in relation to your course of training.*

* Permission in writing can only be obtained from the nearest State, Territory or Regional office of the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs in Australia.


Australia's student visa program provides for the entry of overseas students who wish to undertake full-time study in registered courses in Australia.

Work rights for students have been made available so that students can supplement their income, rather than it being their sole source of finance.

Work rights, while their Australian institution is in session, are limited to 20 hours per week. There are no limits while the institution is not in session.

Business people

If you need to visit Australia to conduct business - a conference, site inspection, negotiations or perhaps an exploratory visit - there are a number of visa options. For example:

The Business (Short Stay) visa allows the bona fide business person unlimited travel to Australia. Visits can be up to three months and you can choose the period of time the visa is valid up to the life of your passport or five years, which ever is longer. 

Visitor visas  

If you are the citizen of any country other than Australia and New Zealand, you will need a visa (or in some cases an Electronic Travel Authority) to visit Australia. 

On a standard visitor visa you can stay up to 3 months from the date of entry. The visa is for multiple travel and can be used to enter Australia for 1 year from the date of issue. You are not permitted to work on this visa. You can also apply for a long stay visa. This is usually granted for stays up to 6 months. 

Applications are generally processed within 24 hours. 

If you are eligible to enter Australia on an ETA if you meet the following conditions:

  • you hold a passportapproved for ETA
  • you visit to Australia is for -
  • tourism,
  • visiting relatives,
  • business meetings,
  • a convention or conference, or
  • a short term project or event requiring a high level of skill;
  • you will not work in Australia if you hold a tourist ETA;
  • you will not stay in Australia for more than three months;
  • you are in good health and have no criminal convictions.

Types of ETA

There are 3 types of ETA:

  • if you are travelling for tourism or to visit friends or relatives, and wish to stay for up to three months on each visit within a twelve month period, you should apply for the Visitor/Tourist ETA (976). There is no Australian Government charge for this ETA;
  • if you are travelling on a business visit, and wish to stay for up to three months on each visit during the life of your passport, you should apply for the Long Validity Business ETA (956). There is a fee of AUS$60.00 for this ETA. Payment is by credit card only;
  • if you are travelling on business and intend just one visit to Australia, you may apply for the Short Validity Business ETA (977). This ETA is free of Australian Government charges and entitles the holder to one visit to be made within 12 months and permits a stay of 3 months from date of arrival.

All ETA holders are provided with a copy of the leaflet Electronic Travel Authority System ETAS - Information for ETA Holders at the time that an ETA is issued. The leaflet will provide ETA holders with concise information about ETA arrangements (including conditions and validity and that a visa label or stamp is not required).

ETA Countries

ETA arrangements are currently available to '32 eligible passport holders'. They apply to these passport holders:

Hong Kong


South Korea
UK - British Citizen
UK - British National (Overseas)**
Vatican City


Search Google


australian immigration site




Forgotten Password


Visa processing times

Short Stay & visitors

Different Visas

Skilled Visas

Business Visas

Employer Nominated Visa

Family & Spouse Visas


Retirement Visa - Investor retirement visa

Resident Return Visa

Work permits (457)

Skills Assessments



Visa processing times | Short Stay & visitors | Different Visas | Skilled Visas | Business Visas | Employer Nominated Visa | Family & Spouse Visas | Parents |Retirement Visa - Investor retirement visa | Resident Return Visa | Work permits (457) | Skills Assessment